Amazing for looking and feeling healthier are detox baths. To help revive tired feet foot detox is also a great idea. If you tend to go out in sandals, flip-flops or even barefoot keeping your feet healthy is a must.Nothing is more relaxing than a warm bath… except perhaps a relaxing warm detox bath that also helps cleanse the body…Seriously- these detox baths also make you tired so I suggest doing them before bed. These natural recipes are a simple, easy and inexpensive way to boost health if you struggle with toxins or skin issues! I’m always up for a warm bath, and these natural add-ons help improve health while you relax!
Salt Detox Bath Recipe
- 1 cup of Epsom salt – this is a common ingredient found in detox baths
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 2 cups of baking soda
Salt Detox Bath Instructions
- In boiling water dissolve salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda in a quart size jar and set aside. Fillthe tub with warm/hot water and add apple cider vinegar. Pour salt mixture in and add essential oils if using.
- Soak in bath for 30 minutes or as long as desired. Note that with any detox bath, you may feel tired or lightheaded when you get out. While home alone or before going somewherei don’t recommend doing this in case you are tired or need help.
- This bath is great for soothing skin irritation, boosting magnesium levels and overall detoxing.
Clay Detox Bath Recipe
- 1/2 cup bentonite clay
- 1/2 cupEpsom salt
- essential oils if desired
Clay Detox Bath Instructions
Dissolve the Epsom salt in a warm/hot bath and add essential oils if desired. For the clay there are two options:
- Into a small amount of water vigorously mix the clay until the clumps are mostly dissolved. Do not use metal for this! I mix with a plastic spoon in a glass jar. Add the clay mix to the bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- To make a paste mix that clay with a small amount of water. To create a skin mask stand in the tub full of water and rub the clay mix all over your body and let dry for 5 minutes before sitting down. This provides direct contact with the skin and effectively pulls toxins from the skin. Soak in the bath at least 20 minutes or as long as desired. While soaking, use a wash- cloth to scrub any remaining clay off the skin.
As the clay binds to heavy metals and the Epsom salt help pull a variety of toxins from the body while replenishing magnesium levels this bath is great for removing a lot of toxins.
Oxygen Detox Bath Recipe
- 2 cups (or more) of Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 Tablespoon driedGinger Powder
Oxygen Detox Bath Instructions
Fill the tub with warm/hot water and add the hydrogen peroxide and dried Ginger. Soak in tub for 30 minutes or as long as desired. As the ginger helps clear congestion or alleviate body aches this bath is especially helpful during illness. It can also be helpful for allergies or skin irritation.
Foot detox pads
These pads are typically made from tree and bamboo extracts, and can be purchased at just about any health food store. Foot detox pads, also known as foot detox patches, have their origins in Japanese culture. In most cases, when you wake up you will see the trick if you apply the foot detox pads before you go to sleep and removing them after. From just a single use most find the pads darkened with the toxins removed from your body overnight. Users of foot detox pads report feeling less fatigue, less joint pain, and fewer headaches.
Ionic Foot Bath
Ionic foot baths use an electrical process that produces positive and negative ions in warm saltwater. A process called electrolysis, a method of using an electrical current to create a chemical reaction is the idea behind ionic foot baths. Breaking down water molecules into ions energy is charged through the saltwater. Warm water opens the pores of the feet, salt acts as an anti-inflammatory astringent, ions are absorbed and the detoxification of your feet begins. You’ll see the water change color, often to a dark mud-brown, or, in some cases, black, color once the saltwater has been added to the foot bath. As a result of the salt reacting with the ionic cartridge (or other method used to produce the ionic charge)the color change occurs. It is not a result of toxins leaving your body, as some mistakenly believe.
Additional Detox Bath Notes
- The warmer the water, the more powerful the detox effect will be.
- If you have chlorine and fluoride in your water, I recommend adding a few tablespoons of bentonite clay to any of these baths to help absorb the chemicals so they aren’t absorbed into the skin.
- Any of these natural ingredients can be used alone or in combination for a cleansing effect.
- All recipes can be doubled or tripled but this will increase the detox effect.