With cold and flu season in full swing, we give you some tips to help you reducing the time and intensity of the symptoms and too boost your immunity system. Here are four interesting recipes to cure your colds, flues and cough:
- Hot Orange & Ginger Tea
- 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (helps to soothe the throat)
- 1 cup boiling water
Squeeze the extract from a fresh orange into a cup of boiled water, add ginger to soothe the sore throat and honey for taste.
- Garlic Tea
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- some cayenne pepper and lemon juice for taste
Peel and crush the garlic and add to 2 cups of boiled water. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Then strain and let it cool. Add the honey, caynne pepper and lemon juice for taste. Enjoy!
- DIY Cough Syrup with honey and red onion
- Raw honey
- 1 red onion
Wash, peel and slice the onion , then place all the onion slices in a big bowl, alternating each layer with raw honey. Doing this till the entire onion is placed. Cover the bowl and keep it for at least 15 hours. Then re-open the bowl and you will get around 1 cup of syrup. Store it and used to treat the colds and cough.
- Cinnamon Clove Syrup
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 stick ceylon true cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole tellicherry peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
Put all these ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer until syrup is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 25 minutes. Cool, strain into a small bowl, add rum and stir to blend. Refrigerate until cold, at least one hour.
There are some other effective home preparations for the flu:
1.Gargle with salted, lukewarm water 3 times a day.
2.Drink at least 8 cups of lukewarm water every day.
3.Do steam inhalation or simply boil herbs like chamomile in a pot, cover your head with the towel and inhale the steam. Do it twice a day.
4.Make paste of mustard seed powder and apply on your chest to soothe the congestion.
5. Add broccoli or parsley to your diet as the natural sulfur in both broccoli and parsley is supposed to help us resist colds.
6.Take regular doses of vitamin C.
7.Mix one tablespoon of basil leaves with some honey to cure cough.
8.The mixture of lemon juice and raw honey for relief from a sore throat.
9. By consuming a cup of raw sauerkraut juice once a day, you can get a relief from cold.
10. Drop 5 drops of cinnamon oil in a tablespoon of warm water, drink it 3 times a day.