While my partner and I were traveling through Thailand, we had a joke on the basis of the coconut plantation because almost every product today is coconut based!
Here are some of these products:
- coconut oil
- coconut butter
- coconut shreds
- coconut water
- coconut milk and coconut cream
- coconut flour
- coconut soy sauce
Coconut is a famous fruit originates from the Arecaceae (Palmae) family and the subfamily Cocoideae.
The coconut flesh is rich in healthy fatty acids, which quality varies depending on the type and the oil processing. The coconut oil contains about 90% Medium-chain acids and also mono-unsaturated fatty acids and poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
Why our Organisms Need These Medium Chain Fatty Acids?
The human body easily digests, absorbs, and utilizes these medium chain fatty acids. And they can be used by the brain as a needed source of energy and for the neurological health, as well.
There are two types of coconut oil, virgin or refined coconut oil. Most people can afford themselves with the virgin coconut oil, which is 100 % natural and very tasty.
This coconut oil has the following properties:
Anti-carcinogenic – that means this oil can prevent the cancer cells be spread, and improves immunity.
Anti-microbial – that means it helps in fight against any type of infections, bacteria, viruses, yeast, fungi, parasites and protozoa.
Antioxidant – that means it protects the free-radical formation.
Nutrient – improves the nutrient absorption in the body, makes the body become rich in vitamin A, D, E, K.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Personal Hygiene and the Body?
- Removes age spots- by applying this oil directly to the affected area, it will fade them.
- Used as after shave lotion – coconut oil heals the irritated skin after shaving, without clogging the pores.
- Helps baldness – it helps hair loss and supports cell regeneration. You should apply the mixture of coconut oil, lavender, rosemary, thyme, cedar wood, Jojoba oil, castor oil and a little cayenne pepper three times a day or before sleeping, and by gently massaging on the affected area.
- Body Scrub – you should mix coconut oil and salt and apply to your skin. Wash it and you will see the difference, you skin will be smooth and soft.
- Eliminates bruises – coconut oil should be applied directly to the bruises and it will reduce the redness and swelling.
- Heals bug bites – apply it directly on the bitten area and it will stop the itching and burning.
- Treats burns – this oil should be applied on the burn repeatedly and it will treat them without scars appearance.
- Chap stick – coconut oil hydrates, moisturizes and also has a SPF 4 that protects your lips.
- Eliminates cradle cap – it can help your baby’s skin stay nourish and for elimination of the cradle cap apply a teaspoon onto scalp once a day.
- Reduces dandruff – coconut oil reduces dandruff when applied on the scalp and it regulates oil secretion from the scalp, as well.
- Used as a deodorant – coconut oil combined with cornstarch/arrowroot powder and baking soda can be used as an powerful deodorant.
- Diaper salve – this oil can be very soothing for diaper rash.
- Used as an eye cream – you should apply a little bit of coconut oil on your eyelids before sleeping to reduce puffiness, bags, and wrinkles under the eyes.
- Used as a face wash or soap – make a mixture of coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil and castor oil and wash your face with it, leave it for a few minutes and then wash you face with water.
- Used as a hair conditioner – use this oil for your hair and see the amazing results. Apply a teaspoon of coconut oil to your hair and by running your fingers through it you will apply it to your whole hair. In order to make a deeper treatment, apply a tablespoon of coconut oil on your dry scalp. Put a shower cap on your head and go to bed.
- Used as a hair gel – for curly hair, you should rub a little bit of the oil between your palms and scrunch into your hair, and for wavy and straight hair, you should comb in through from the scalp towards the ends with your fingers.
- Used for healing – if you apply this oil on cuts, it forms a thin, chemical layer which protects the wound from dust, bacteria and virus from the environment. Coconut oil hastens the healing process of bruises.
- Used as a lubricant – it is the safest, natural option for masturbation and sex. Try it and you will forget latex!
- Used as a makeup remover – it is powerful makeup remover and you should only use a cotton swab and a dab of coconut oil, and wait for the results.
- Used as oil for massage – just try it!
- Moisturizer – just apply the oil on your body and the neck, and face. This will hydrate your skin and will not dry out it even more.
- Used as a nipple cream – this oil acts as an incredible cream for nourishing cracked, sore, and dry nipples. The only thing you should do is to apply it and leave it on between feedings.
- Removes acne – do you have problems with oily skin or an oily T-zone? Then this is a good solution for your problem, you should use a little bit of it underneath makeup or alone to reduce oil gland stimulation.
- Used as a pre-shave lotion – it will prepare your skin for shaving.
- Treats some skin conditions – helps the healing of the following conditions: psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Stretch marks – this oil can help the nourishing of the damaged skin.
- Helps the sunburns – if you have sunburns apply coconut oil on the affected area.
- Swimmers Ear – make a mixture of garlic oil and coconut oil and put a few drops in an affected ear and leave it for about 10 minutes. Repeat the same procedure 2-3 times a day.
- Used for a tattoo healing and moisturizer – permanent coconut oil can prevent the tattoo from fading. Also, when used for new tattoos it will speed up the healing and prevent infections.
- Used as toothpaste – make a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda and dab a little of the mix on your toothbrush and you will see the results.
- Prevents and reduces wrinkles – you should apply coconut oil directly on your wrinkles and you will look younger.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Your General Health and Wellness?
- Helps breastfeeding – For enriching the milk supply, mothers who are breastfeeding their babies should consume 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil a day.
- Helps bones and teeth – this miraculous oil stimulates the absorption of calcium and magnesium in the body that leads to teeth and bones better development.
- Helps the digestive system – the saturated fats found in coconut oil regulate parasites and fungi that may cause indigestion and other problems like: irritable bowel syndrome, and they also help the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, thus improving your general health.
- Make you stay fit – it can hasten your metabolism, improve thyroid function, increase energy levels, reduce excess fat, and improve muscle mass.
- Regulates insulin levels – the consumption of this oil will improve your insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
- Regulates lung function – coconut oil has an ability to increase cell surfaces fluidity.
- Treats nausea – apply coconut oil inside your wrist and your forearm in order to calm the upset stomach.
- Prevents nose bleeds – extreme heat and extreme cold can lead to nose bleeding and by using coconut oil you can prevent that condition and you can protect the nose capillaries. Cold or dry air lead to dried nasal cavities because of resulting to burns and cracks in the mucus membranes so bleeding happens.
- Lowers stress – in such a case you should apply coconut oil on your head and massage gently in circular motions. Thanks to its natural aroma, this lowers your stress level.
- Helps the vitamin and nutrient absorption – makes nutrients and vitamins A, D, E, K absorb in your body.
- Helps in losing weight – the saturated fats can help you lose weight.
- Improves mental cognition and productivity – the cognition and the productivity can be improved by this oil because it helps the medium chain triglycerides freely pass the blood-brain barrier and an alternate energy is produced.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Internal Health Problems?
- Acid Reflux/ Indigestion – if you consume coconut oil after a meal.
- Helps adrenal and chronic fatigue
- Helps allergies
- Helps Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia
- Helps asthma – even in children
- Helps autism
- Helps bowel function – helps constipation, IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), and gut infections, as well.
- Helps bronchial infections and cystic fibrosis
- Helps and prevents cancer – by consumption of coconut oil you will prevent colon and breast cancer.
- Helps candida albicans
- Regulates cholesterol levels – improves HDL to LDL levels in people with high cholesterol.
- Helps poor circulation – if you feel cold sensation especially in your extremities, then, apply coconut oil to that parts of your body.
- Prevents and treats colds and flues – thanks to its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties it helps and treats colds and flues.
- Helps mild depression and cognitive disease – along with CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), fish oil and other treatment strategies.
- Regulates diabetes – regulates blood sugar levels and helps with cravings.
- Helps epilepsy – it reduces epileptic seizures.
- Treats flaky, dry skin – consume coconut oil and wait for the results.
- Treats gallbladder disease – these oils helps the bile flow to be increased that is helpful for gallbladder issues, but possibly harmful (i.e. Gallstones
- Gas – This oil is abundant in mild anti-microbial properties which helps in re-establishment of healthy gut flora
- Helps H. pylori – you need oral intake. But, occasional antibiotic treatment may be necessary for that.
- Helps heart disease – the consumption of this oil can protect arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis.
- Hemorrhoids – if you have hemorrhoids you should apply this oil externally or internally twice a day.
- Hot Flashes
- Improves the immune system
- Irritable bowel syndrome – alternating diarrhea and constipation are key signs of IBS
- Helps and prevents kidney disease and stones – helps in dissolving small stones
- Helps liver disease
- Helps lung disease
- Mental Clarity
- Menstruation relief – lowers this kind of pain/cramps and heavy blood flow
- Helps migraines – in case of regular use
- Treats periodontal disease and tooth decay
- Prostate enlargement – helps BPH, benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Help stomach ulcers – helps soothe stomach lining and limit H. pylori growth
- Regulates thyroid function – coconut oil regulates an overactive or underactive thyroid
- Treats urinary tract infections and bladder infections
How to Use Coconut Oil and Topical Health Problems
- Treats acne – this oil help in acne treatment.
- Head Lice – topical application
- Allergies/hay fever – apply the oil little inside the nostrils for quick relief.
- Helps athletes foot
- Toenail fungus
- Treats back pain and sore muscles
- Boils and cysts
- Lowers cellulite
- Helps circumcision healing – coconut oil can help the healing.
- Used as a decongestant agent – you should apply coconut oil on the chest and under the nose congested from colds or allergies.
- Treats ear infection – put a few drops of coconut and garlic oil inside the ear twice a day to lower the pain and treat the infection.
- Genital warts – they often go away after 2 years of the initial infection. But this application for a period of 6 month can be beneficial.
- Treats gum disease, gingivitis and canker sores – the oil can be used as a toothpaste or apply directly on gums.
- Treats herpes – if the oil is applied topically and taken internally
- Hives – reduces the itch and swelling
- Helps pink eye – if it is applied around and in the eye
BONUS: Why Using Coconut Oil for your Pets/ Animals
You should consult your veterinarian but the recommended animal dosage is 1/4 teaspoon for each 10 pounds of animal body weight twice a day.
- Helps healing of digestive disorders – some disorders such as: inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
- Helps arthritis or ligament problems
- Helps the elimination of hairballs and coughing
- Promotes the healing – apply coconut oil topically to your petsʼ cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
- Clears up skin conditions – such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin
- Heals disinfects cuts – and hastens wound healing
- Great for dogs and cats for general wellness – the only thing you should do is to add a teaspoon to their water bowl daily.
- Helps prevent or control diabetes
- Helps sedentary dogs feel energetic – Medium-chain triglycerides improve the brain energy metabolism and lower the amyloid protein buildup that results in brain lesions in older dogs.
- Helps animals lose weight – that leads to increased energy
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- Makes coats – coat becomes sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor
- Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections – including candida
- Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
- Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
- Regulates and balance insulin levels and also regulates normal thyroid function
BONUS: Other Uses for Coconut Oil
- Removes chewing gum in hair – if you have stuck chewing gum in your hair, then apply some coconut oil over it, leave in for about 30 minutes, then roll the gum between your fingertip.
- Goo Gone – make a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda and blend them until you get a well blended mixture that looks like a paste. Then, apply it to the “sticky” area and leave it for a minute. At least, scrub off with an old toothbrush or the scrubby side of a sponge.
- Used as an excellent insect repellent – make a mixture of coconut oil and peppermint oil extract and apply it on the animal skin.
- Help moisturizing and cleaning leather products
- Oiling wood cutting boards and wood bowls
- Helps polishing bronze – just apply coconut oil on a cotton towel and then wipe down the statue. This procedure cleans and helps deepen the color of your bronze.
- Helps polish furniture – the mixture of coconut oil and a little bit of lemon juice can polish wood furniture. But, you should first try it on a very small, unobtrusive part of your furniture to make sure it will give the wanted results.
- Seasoning animal hide drums
- Seasoning cookware
- Helps soap making – it may be used as one of the fats in soap.
We hope we did not miss any tips. We recommend you to try some of the mentioned ones.