Let’s be honest, most of us view flies as filthy little pests. If you also feel this way, this article is for you!
Fun facts about these tiny flying beasts:
- Over 100,000 species of flies live on earth.
- Flies lay their eggs on fruit, food, other animals and even rotting flesh. Their larvae are known as maggots. They look like bits of rice.
- Flies don’t have teeth. Instead, they have a long tongue called a proboscis, which sucks up food like a straw. Some flies drink nectar or blood. House flies like the food we eat. When a fly lands on your lunch, it vomits on the food. Acids in the vomit dissolve the food so the fly can suck it up. Disgusting!
- Flies like to eat manure, which is animal poop, or old garbage. Some of the germs from these materials can stay on their feet or mouth parts. When a fly lands on your food, those germs get on your food. Super disgusting!
- Flies carry disease. During the Spanish-American War, 5,000 soldiers died from typhoid, a disease spread by flies. Only 4,000 soldiers actually died in the war.
House fly is scientifically called as Musca Domestica. Houseflies are considered to be one such pest that does not bite but transmits several diseases, like cholera, dysentery, typhoid and diarrhea. Besides, they can also cause serious eye infections.
House flies get accumulated in areas where there is no cleanliness or hygiene, like exposed garbage or fecal matter. Left out uncovered food also attracts flies. Areas with a lot of vegetation and thick shrubbery are ideal for the growth of flies.
This is the best and most effective way to get rid of flies – you’ll need the following ingredients:
You just have to put all the ingredients into the spray bottle and shake well.
How to Use:
Apply this mixture directly on the flies and see how they fall straight to the ground! You’ll be amazed by the results.
- Keep your house premises always clean and hygienic.
- Use good quality disinfectant that works day till night.
- Garbage and bin are the favorite places for flies. Hence, dispose the garbage on a regular basis and ensure that you throw garbage at a location, quite away from your place.
- Put a lid on the dustbins.
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family. Thank You.