Thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped organ located in the neck. As all gland thyroid produces hormones which are secreted into the body and help the body to use energy and keeps the brain, heart, muscles and other organs working properly.
Thyroid hormones are released from the gland and travel through the bloodstream to your body’s cells. They help control the growth and the structure of bones, sexual development (puberty), and many other body functions. By helping your cells convert oxygen and sugar and other body fuels into the energy they need to work properly, these hormones are important in determining if your body will mature as it should.
Thyroid disorder can cause serious health problems. On one hand, this is one of the most difficult diseases to diagnose. But on the other hand, if it’s discovered on time, it is quite easy to be treated and held under control. Thousands of people faced thyroid disorders and some of them even made surgeries. Anyway with proper medicine the thyroid can be ‘replaced’, all that is needs it regular intake of artificial hormones to keep human body healthy. But why to treat it when you can prevent it.
Here are some of the basic signs that show if you could have thyroid disorder:
- Mood issues like mood swings, depression, or anxiety;
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight;
- Fatigue after sleeping for 8-10 hours, or needing to take a nap during the day;
- Dry or cracking skin, brittle, nails, and excessive hair loss;
- Cold hands or feet, feeling cold when others are not, having a body temperature consistently below 98.5;
- Muscle pain, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, or tendonitis;
- Hormone imbalances like PMS, irregular periods, infertility, and low sex drive;
- Neck swelling, snoring, or hoarse voice;
- Mind issues like brain fog, poor concertation, or poor memory;
Anyway, every disease can be properly treated and heal if it’s discovered on time. Here are some tips for preventing any thyroid disorders and even improve its function:
- Go gluten-free;
- Take a tyrosine and iodine supplements to help the conversion of FT4 to FT3;
- Take high quality multivitamin with iodine, zinc, selenium, iron, vitamin D and B;
- Get 8-10 hours sleep at night;
- Deal with the stress and support the adrenal glands. Restorative yoga and adaptogenic herbs are highly recommended;
- Find a functional medicine doctor in your area and ask them to run the above lab tests and work with you in order to find the root cause of the thyroid imbalance;
- Heal your gut;
- Get fluoride, bromide, and chlorine out of your diet and environment;
- Watch the intake of cruciferous veggies;
- Go to a biological dentist to remove any amalgam fillings you may have.